IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2020
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the increased stress its put on our community to keep everyone fed, Pantry279 will be changing how the Thanksgiving Meal program works this year.
New Pickup Location
The Thanksgiving meals will be picked up at the Hoosier Hills Food Bank, 2333 W Industrial Park Dr, Bloomington:
Driving Directions to Thanksgiving Meal Pickup:
From east of I69/SR37: Take 17th Street to Industrial Park Drive, turn left after the I69/SR37 overpass.
From west of I69/SR37: Take Vernal Pike to Industrial Park Drive, turn right before the I69/SR37 overpass.
From SR 37/I69:
Exit at either State Road 46 bypass and head west to Curry Pike, then to south to Vernal Pike
Other Changes for 2020
- Distribution of the meals will be done over two days this year instead of one. Distribution this year will be on Friday Nov 20th from 3pm to 8pm and then on Saturday Nov 21st from 10am to 5pm.
- We will still have our normal saturday food distribution at Trinity Lutheran church on Saturday Nov 21st.
- Unfortunately, we have outgrown our space at Trinity Lutheran church. The distribution will take place at Hoosier Hills Food Bank, 2333 W Industrial Park Dr. Bloomington (detailed information above).
- This year, Thanksgiving Boxs will be prepacked and will be picked up in a Drive thru style. You will still get a meat choice, however everything else is prepacked. If you receive Items you don’t want or need please return them to Pantry 279 at our regular location.
- We continue to offer delivery for as many families as we can for those who are homebound due to illness, disability, or lack of transportation. Following safty protocols our delivery this year will be contactless.